It’s a remarkable idea by ELLE UK: organising a big contest among fashionistas and fashion talents in UK to find the 10 best potential interns for October issue.
“The October issue of ELLE will be Edited by the Interns. We are looking for the would-be editors, stylists, photographers, writers, art directors, groomers, beauty writers and designers of the future, to work on the October issue of ELLE. We want to show support for the invaluable assistance interns provide, and help the next generation of fashion and media stars to launch their careers.”
So far, we have some favorite candidates, that you can discover right here! We hope it’ll help them win this great internship. First, Sophie Cowling, who applies for “The Editor” position. Here are her topics:
It’s an Intern’s World: Cost or Investment in your future?
– Fall Back: from Runway to Reality A/W trends
– ‘Nouveau Feminism’: A male student’s conception (bear with us please…)
– Why ‘What Would [insert favourite celebrity’s name here] Do’ is an unrealistic approach to your life, health and fitness.
– Keira’s Kingdom: We discuss the actress’s latest role, one of the most famous fictional females, Anna Karenina.
– The Tables Have Turned… We interview the ELLE Editors and put together a profile of everything from career tips, their desert island beauty products & what A/W items they would save, spend, splurge on.
And I let you read her brilliant Editor’s Letter (and vote for her).
And in fashion photography, enormous crus for Lenka Imrichova, who does an impressive work. Love love love her work: